The Train Cars
A Block from Union Terminal
Hotel Royal’s two-story portion, which fronts Broadway Street, was constructed sometime between 1888 and 1895. The first floor was home to Fenneburg Drug Store up until 1900.
In 1900, the three-story portion at the rear, which fronts Knapp Street, was constructed, and the building was converted to a hotel to accommodate rail passengers and crew from the nearby Union Terminal.
Up Next: The Fugitives